Monday, 9 November 2009

How I Got Here


In his younger days my brother Brendan was a professional dancer, and rather a good one I believe. He used to drive around London in a very enviable little sports car and he had a rather nice flat in an emerging part of the capital.

Once, when we were discussing the nature of success, he said to me, ‘When I was young I really wanted to be a dancer, to have my own flat and to drive around in a little MG. Now I’ve got that and I have keep stopping and reminding myself that I am the person I always wanted to be.’

A good point. So today as The Resurrection Fields, the final book in my fantasy trilogy, is published in the US, I am just pausing to remind myself of the same thing

5 comments:

Paul Lamb said...

Congratulations on a well earned success.

Paul Lamb said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keren David said...

Congratulations!

Brian Keaney said...

Thanks very much Paul and Keren.

Saw your piece on David Mitchell's Anne Frank joke, Keren. Couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

good title. Good cover. I feel a film coming on. Best of luck with it!

Tara Flynn